Welcome

Lillipilli Lane is Environment l Handmade l Art l Learning l Wellbeing

We do consultancies, teach workshops, present and create handmade wares. Workshops for children and adults in art/environment/wellbeing...



Thursday, June 4, 2009





Isabel 1930's vintage style girls skirt
I have just finished making this sweet little skirt and blouse set. Inspired by my beautiful, vibrant little niece...Happy Birthday Isabel.
The fabric is a 1930's style of 100% cotton. I love the way this fabric drapes. It hold its shape so well. The fabric is pink with sweet little white and yellow and daisies.
The skirt has an adjustable elastic waist, and I added pretty little gathered pockets trimmed in broderie anglaise, to match the trim on the hem. To add a bit of glam I added sparkly little vintage-style glass look buttons. Don't little kids just love pockets and buttons!
The matching blouse has sweet little flowers appliqued to the front to match the skirt.

0 comments: