Welcome

Lillipilli Lane is Environment l Handmade l Art l Learning l Wellbeing

We do consultancies, teach workshops, present and create handmade wares. Workshops for children and adults in art/environment/wellbeing...



Saturday, July 25, 2009

From Sewing machine to Paintbrush

I have neglected my blog for a little while. Apologies to my two wonderful followers -OHMG one day I will reach more ; - ) and my other readers...I have been busy doing lots of 'outdoor' handmade activities. Add Image

Over the last few weeks my wonderful hubbie and yours truely and some other happy helpers have painted the front of our house & the very long front fence. Has anyone had experience in painting VJ's & weatherboards - whoaa - so much more time consuming than plasterboard & render. But, hey I really really love the old Qlder...Well done - fantastic job...& thank you to my wonderful hubbie for his wealth of practical handyman skills... and humour : - /

I love the calming new colours, such a refreshing change from the bold old apricot, red & greens... feels like new life has been breathed into this lovely 1940's home...
The paints are from Porters Paints - their paints are gorgeous & once you have used them you will become addicted, we have used them on our last two houses! They have a life of their own & bloom in a way I haven't seen in conventional paints...They are organic - low fume - awesome.
Check their website http://www.porters.com.au/ Laura from Paint City at Coolum has been such a help. I love working with her. She provides wonderful colour advice and are the stockist for Porters on the Sunshine Coast, thanks Laura coolum@paintcity.com.au

0 comments: